Sunday, October 23, 2016

No Bake Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake


Nothing says, "fall is here" quite like pumpkin does. For our first fall here on the island, it does not feel like fall at all so the pumpkin helps ;) I love that pumpkin is packed full of nutrients and is low calorie. So you know I have been experimenting in the kitchen! This recipe tastes like the real deal, decadent and rich!


Coffee- my breakfast, lunch, and snack today as I am doing an Eat Stop Eat style 24 hour fast. Regardless of whether I am doing a 24h fast or not, it is my breakfast 99% of the time. Why? Because the earlier you eat in the day, the higher your daily calorie total- almost always. It is like breaking a hunger seal. I am usually the hungriest in the evenings, so why not allocate most of my calories for then? Play it smart and do what works for you. I am 2 weeks out from my next shoot so almost back to maintenance land!



So addicted to this Superfood Stuffed Pepper recipe! I think I have made it every day all week long. I subbed 3.5 oz of leftover trimmed brisket for 4 oz lean ground beef in the recipe to keep the macros about the same. (422 cals and 35g protein) OMG! SO good! Serious flavor bomb. AND it is chock full of veggie goodness! Recipe from last week here - http://venuscrossing.blogspot.com/2016/10/superfood-stuffed-bell-peppers.html



I have learned through experimentation that I prefer to do my banded clams on a bench. It gives your lower leg more range of motion so you can really feel it in both glutes. But still swap sides, of course ;)

...So onto the recipe. I made you a video again!


No Bake Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake

serves 1

Ingredients:
1 tbsp(s), Granular Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
0.25 cup (122g), Canned Pumpkin Puree
0.25 cup, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (could sub graham cracker crumbles too)
0.25 tsp, Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 ounce, Neufchatel Cheese (can sub Greek or Low Fat Cream Cheese too)
0.50 Scoop (32g), Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
2 oz, Fage Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together softened neufchatel cheese with Greek yogurt and pumpkin puree. Stir in protein powder, stevia, and pumpkin pie spice. In a tall glass, pour in half the cereal then top with half the pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Repeat with other halves of cereal and pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Enjoy!





Nutritional info:

per serving
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 244
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11 g16 %
Saturated Fat 6 g32 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg16 %
Sodium 243 mg10 %
Potassium 21 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 20 g7 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g13 %
Sugars 9 g
Protein 21 g41 %
Vitamin A156 %
Vitamin C4 %
Calcium15 %
Iron11 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

I am thinking this would be good in a chocolate and peanut butter combination too.... off to the kitchen ;)

X-Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment