Sunday, October 9, 2016

Malissa's Bacon Ranch Crack Chicken and Supplements



So I posted this recipe from my friend Malissa a few weeks ago, but I had not had time to make all her variations at the time I posted it. I made the Taco Crack Chicken recipe she had shared with me, and was super impressed. Recipe here - http://venuscrossing.blogspot.com/2016/09/malissas-crack-chicken.html

This week, I finally made the "original" variation of her Crack Chicken, which is bacon ranch. Ummm WOW. This is the best one yet. It tastes and sounds indulgent, but the macros are spot on.


The next day, I served the leftover crack chicken on a flatbread with some spinach. It was MMmmmm good! You cannot go wrong with this stuff!


I had a busy week, and got a lot accomplished.


#rxbar haul! My sis-in-law told me I needed to try these a while back and I finally made it by the store here that carries them! While the calorie to protein ratio is not ideal (most are ~200 cals and 12 g protein), the taste is mmmmmm good! Reminds me of a Larabar. And the ingredient list is short, sweet, and all whole foods. I tried the Pumpkin Spice bar first, duh! It was two thumbs up. Think we will be buying these on the reg. Was not impressed with the peanut butter flavor though, so skip that one.


I am four weeks out from my next photoshoot! (Need to get this hair done STAT!) My favorite pre-workout is in this poodle mug (it's Olive Marie!) that I am holding. Coffee with a teaspoon of plain creatine monohydrate powder with a little stevia and a tablespoon of half and half. It's not fancy but it gets the job done. I have tried plenty of other pre-workouts, and I either hate the taste or they do nothing for me. This is cheap and easily accessible. It helps that I love coffee ;)


Figured I would talk about supplements since I talked about pre-workout ;) specifically what I take on a daily basis and WHY. Everyone is different but here are my reasons (from left):
1) multi-vitamin with 100% DV iron - if you are a menstruating woman, chances are high that your iron levels are low. A multi is an all around insurance policy to make up for dietary gaps.
2) fish or krill oil - fights inflammation in the body from multiple sources and improves brain function if you do not get enough DHA and EPA in your diet
3) calcium, magnesium, and zinc - I take an extra serving of this before bed when in a caloric deficit to prevent cramping (I get charlie horses from hell when I diet, some people don't)
4) probiotic - look for lots of strains and high CFU (at least over a billion). Rotate this every bottle because variety is key to a functional gut. People who have well-functioning guts lose weight faster and keep it off.
*I tend to rotate brands on everything.





I also use protein powder as a supplement, but I don't hardly ever make it as a shake. Instead I prefer to add it to my oatmeal or pancakes to boost the protein. My favorite brand (for a while now) is Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey. The chocolate and vanilla flavors are amazing.





Some small tweaks for your next workout that you can help increase glute activation:
Top) leaning back during seated banded hip abductions. Hits your glutes a bit differently, I feel it deeper!
Bottom) planks with banded hip extensions. Love multitasking, effective movements. Bonus: you are more unstable so it increases core activation as well!

Sooo onto the recipe. I have tried it with salad and by itself. My kids have enjoyed it on a sandwich and as the filling in a quesadilla. It would be great on a pita or a baked potato too.


Malissa's Bacon Ranch Crack Chicken

Serves 8

Ingredients:
2 lb(s), Tyson Chicken Breast (I used frozen but you can use fresh)
2.50 tablespoon, Ranch Dip Mix (Or 1 packet)
8 oz, Cheese, neufchatel (You can use regular cream cheese, used because the calorie count is lower)
4 slices, Bacon, cooked

Directions:
Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Put in the chicken breasts, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4 hours then shred and add bacon. If you prefer, you can bake in the oven at 425 for 45 minutes, then turn down to 275 for 2 hours. Shred and add bacon. Reduce your cooking times if you are using thawed chicken.








Nutrition Information

(per 5 ounces)

Nutrition Facts
Servings 8.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 289
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12 g19 %
Saturated Fat 5 g27 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122 mg41 %
Sodium 509 mg21 %
Potassium 93 mg3 %
Total Carbohydrate 3 g1 %
Dietary Fiber 0 g0 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 39 g79 %
Vitamin A5 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium3 %
Iron5 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

6 Weight Watchers Smart Points per Serving

X- Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment