Sunday, October 30, 2016

Kodiak Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with Pumpkin PB and Berry Syrup


That, my friends, is pumpkin kodiak cakes topped with pumpkin PB and berry syrup. And they are fantastical. Macros are as good as they taste too.


The hubs and I did our part earlier this week ✔and voted early. He wanted a picture of just his sticker on his chest though LOL good thing my Olive Marie always loves a pic ❤ and this is proof I am not always in gym clothes with my hair in a ponytail haha!


My grocery store finally got in more Halo Top Creamery flavors! My sis-in-law JUST told me that I need to try strawberry since it is her favorite; so, I go by the store last night and BOOM! She was right! Yum and love those macros, like always!


Been a bit since I broke a personal record. I am on the last week of a 12 week cutdown and some days, I try but I just don't have it in me. HOWEVER today I hit 250 lbs on my 1 rep max for hip thrust. Best yet! Photoshoot is ONE week from today and cannot wait to see my progress since last year! ✔🍑 hoping for booty-ful ;) ha!


Here is a way to ante up your lateral lunge AKA side lunge- add a weight and a bench. This makes it a weighted deficit lateral lunge, and I bet your inner thighs will be sore the next day ;)



Soooo back to the recipe... we recently bought a HUGE box of Kodiak Cakes mix. This stuff is amazing all by itself with water.

Since it is open season on pumpkin and all things pumpkin spice, I thought I would try a pumpkin bent on them! (...And then I ran out of pumpkin from all my pumpkin antics in the kitchen, need to go get more STAT because I am already needing some more of these!)


Kodiak Pumpkin Protein Pancakes with Pumpkin PB and Berry Syrup

Serves 1

Ingredients
0.25 cup Kodiak Cakes - Power Cakes mix
1 large Egg
1 tbsp  Peanut butter
0.5 cup Frozen Mixed Berries (126g)
0.75 cup Pumpkin Puree, divided
0.33 cup water
0.25 tsp pumpkin spice

Directions
In a mixing bowl, mix together the Kodiak mix, 1 egg, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and water until smooth. Put a small skillet on the stove over medium, and make 2-3 pancakes with the mix.

While the pancakes are cooking, take 0.5 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries and heat them until they form a syrup. I did mine in the microwave for 1 minute from frozen and stirred in a little stevia to sweeten.

In a small bowl, mix 0.25 cup of pumpkin puree with the tbsp of peanut butter until smooth. I added a smidge of pumpkin spice and stevia too.

Top your pumpkin pancakes with the pumpkin PB and berry syrup. Enjoy :)





Nutritional stats per serving 

(1 serving with pumpkin PB and berry syrup)

  • 372 cals
  • 43 g carbs
  • 16 g fat
  • 19 g protein
  • 339 g sodium
  • 16 g sugars

No comments:

Post a Comment