Friday, September 30, 2016

Easy Fresh Balsamic Salad



This little salad has been a staple lately. And I stepped out of my comfort zone and did a quick, little recipe video for you so you can see just how easy it is.


I have been making lots of chopped salads with homemade vinaigrette dressings lately. They are super filling when you are watching your calories and they pack a lot of nutritional punch. The best part is that they last for a few days so you can prep a big bowl and eat off of it!



I just use whatever veggies I have on hand, this happens to be a chopped cucumber, handful of grape tomatoes, half a red bell pepper, half of a yellow bell pepper, handful of chopped carrots (gave them a whirl in the Ninja), a little onion, and some thinly sliced Brussels sprouts. I have used a combination of all the following with good results:

  • cabbage
  • Brussels sprouts
  • spinach
  • kale
  • tomatoes- regular or cherry
  • cucumbers
  • carrots- big ones chopped up or baby carrots
  • bell peppers
  • celery
  • onion


For the dressing, I do a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon on balsamic vinegar (whatever vinegar you want), teaspoon of yellow mustard, teaspoon of honey (can sub stevia too, or both), a half teaspoon of tarragon, and salt/pepper. Taste and adjust then shake the dressing in a jar then toss the chopped salad with it.



Dinner out on the left, my morning run on the right! About 6 weeks to go to my next photoshoot and happy with my progress and where I am. But this little cut down has been unlike any other. Lifting 4 days a week and running 3 days per week (less lifting and more running than usual). Been eating out 3-4 times per week (way more than normal). I have been fasting about 16-18 hours every day (way more than normal). But it's working! My point is that it is okay to change up things. The perfect idea in your head may not actually work very good for you. As long as you are in a caloric deficit, you will lose fat. As long as you are lifting progressively more than twice a week, you are building muscle. You do you. It may require some experimenting, but it is worth it to find something that works. And what USED to work, might need tweaked sometimes which is my current situation ;)



Sea turtle on my run this morning! It was a first to see one, and we saw 3! Olive Marie, my standard poodle and running buddy, was so confused about what it was, but she left it alone after a good sniff 💜

I was able to do toes to bar hanging ab work this week for the first time EVER! Just keep plugging away and being consistent. It may take years, like for me, or months or days BUT you will get there! You CAN do it if you keep trying. Be persistent! It's the day in and day out grind that slowly takes you places. Slow or fast, progress is progress!
X- Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment