Sunday, September 18, 2016

Skinny Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak



I have been wanting to skinny-fy and health-up this recipe for a while now. And finally this week, I happened to have all the ingredients on hand! It was super simple, tasty, and the macros are superb!



In other news, I found a coconut washed up on the beach during my run this week. I ran about a mile back to the car with it in a football hold. It was heavy, like 10 pounds lol Cross training maybe? I want to see if I can grow it into a coconut palm 🌴My husband thinks I'm ridiculous!


I have been busy in the gym too. Bulgarian split squat followed by seated banded hip abductions this morning. This superset really burned the booty 🔥🍑🍑🔥 I did 3 sets of 8 BSS (each leg) followed by 15 abductions. This combo is sure to make you sore!



Latest personal record attempt was a success! 120 lbs for 3 reps on row! Made for a great start to my day :)

...So onto the recipe, since that is what you came for ha! My kids enjoyed this on a regular hamburger bun. I just don't like to waste calories on buns when a thin one will do the trick. Serve alongside a fresh vibrant salad for volume!



Skinny Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak

Serves 6

Ingredients
1 Medium Onion (148 grams), Onion (sliced)
1.33 lbs, Eye of Round Steak (cut into thin strips)
1 Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper (sliced)
1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
1 tsp Garlic powder
2 Beef Bullion Cubes
4 oz Hot water
6 slice (1 oz), Cheese, provolone
6 roll, Whole Wheat Thinwich


Directions
Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray, and lay in your onion slices. Top with your eye of round steak and bell pepper slices. Sprinkle in the pepper and garlic powder. Then mix your hot water and bullion cubes and pour in. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 8 hours. Enjoy!




Nutritional Information

per serving (includes bun and cheese)

Nutrition Facts
Servings 6.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 379
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17 g27 %
Saturated Fat 8 g39 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77 mg26 %
Sodium 467 mg19 %
Potassium 442 mg13 %
Total Carbohydrate 27 g9 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g26 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 33 g67 %
Vitamin A9 %
Vitamin C73 %
Calcium27 %
Iron15 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment