Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Healthier Huevos Rancheros Breakfast

My mother-in-law recently came to visit in our new house by the sea. We were actually fitfam longer than we have been actual family ;) we met at the gym and became friends.


We both love to cook, so when she comes to visit we lift and cook for fun haha!



I was so glad my daughter has been joining in on the cooking fun lately too. Just makes my day when she wants to help me in the kitchen. This trip we made sopes (pictured above), tamales (here is Ana's recipe), gorditas, and chile rellenos (here is Ana's recipe). So amazing. And now I must diet. ASAP lol!

So last week, she sent me a Facebook recipe post with huevos rancheros, a Mexican breakfast staple. I was totally inspired to redo this into a healthy version that I can enjoy on the regular. And I must admit, I was a fan and will be making this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!



Healthier Huevos Rancheros 

Serves 1

Ingredients


  • 2 eggs, fried
  • Sandwich thin bread (you could totally sub corn tortillas but I did not have any on hand)
  • 0.25 cup cooked pinto beans
  • 4 tbsp salsa
  • 1 turkey bacon (or bacon of choice)


Instructions

Fry 2 eggs in a bit of oil. Cook your bacon. Meanwhile, mash your pinto beans with a fork. Place bread into the toaster.  Smear bread with mashed beans, top with fried eggs, then salsa. Serve the bacon on the side. Enjoy!







Nutritional Info per Serving

355  cals
33 g carbs
15 g fat
25 g protein


X-Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment