Sunday, November 22, 2015

Never Quit - My Playa Del Carmen Shoot



I want to share some images from my shoot in Playa last week, and tell you the story of how I almost did not go. Seriously.

But first, I have been creating lots of exercise videos along with Coach Jenny lately on my YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe there when you get a chance! Here is a link to my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3j1Tr4e1M9E47c3Svx5bw


Here are a couple of videos that were shot in Playa at the resort gym. We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya. I cannot say enough great things about this place, it was better than my honeymoon. Literally ZERO negative things to say.

Dumbbell swings - these are great for the glutes, quads, hamstrings, and shoulders!

Squeeze your glutes as you come up and control the dumbbell coming up with your shoulders. 
You can do these with a kettle bell too!

Glute Bridges and Variations 

This is the Glute Bridge (bottom video) along with two level up variations. This exercise is amazing for your glutes!

Top left is the next level up - the foot elevated glute bridge.

Top right is the highest level - foot and shoulder elevated glute bridge.

Be sure to squeeze the glutes SO that your hammies don't take over.

Hold it at the end for a pulse of 5 or so for extra burn!

Flyes, a great movement for your chest! Be sure to extend to your full range of motion at the bottom of the movement. Drive the motion with your chest, I have to focus or my arms will take over!

These are Cable Lateral Raises! Great for your shoulders! 
I LOVED this cable machine, I want one for my house!

A few shots from my shoot


















So I had spent about 12 weeks on a slow deficit for this shoot and vacation. I just wanted to lose about an inch of waist. It had gone well and I was happy when I left the States.

The morning of the shoot, I woke up bloated - up 4 POUNDS and my waist was up 0.25". AND my monthly visitor arrived early. I could see the bloat in the mirror. I was upset after all that hard work to have an unexpected set back. But Coach Jenny was there waiting on me that morning. And it was happening. I was not coming all this way for nothing. Surely we could get some decent shots.

And we did. So... even if you feel like you are not where you should be, do the thing you planned on. There will be some good from sticking to the plan. Finish out what you set out to do. 

X- Liss












No comments:

Post a Comment