Monday, June 8, 2015

Glute and Shoulder Booster Video Workout


The past year has been mostly focused on building my glutes. In doing so, I have learned SO much about working them and all the nuances, who knew there was so much info on backsides? HAHA!

My other focus has been shoulders. I have managed to bring both of them up in circumference, and am looking forward to really comparing in photos soon as I am looking at a shoot date in the next 8-12 weeks. But the proof is there in the mirror!

So what I have been doing is adding on additional glute work and some days shoulder work to my lifting days 5-6 days per week. Glutes can handle high volume and frequency, but also need a lot of variation to hit all the musculature. Shoulders seem to do best with a lower frequency and lower volume. I hit them 3-4 days per week, and the volume is much lower than my glute work. My main workouts are full body from Venus Index aka Venus Factor.

Before I start a workout, I like to do hip thrusts or bird dogs to engage my glutes and get them firing.


Standing glute work- In the video are:
1) standing rear leg raises 
2) standing bent rear leg raises 
3) standing hip abductions
I did all for 3 sets of 10 with a 10 count isometric hold at the end of each set.


Here is one for your glutes and obliques - the banded side-lying clam raise

*feel free to take off the band to take it down a notch!

I did 3 sets of 10 per side.

This is my Shoulder Blaster Ladder that I used as a finisher. I did:

1. Lateral Raises
2. Front Raises
3. Overhead Shoulder Presses
4. Upright Rows (not in video)

For this ladder set, I started with 10 reps of lateral raises. Then I did 10 reps of ladder raises plus 10 reps of front raises. ..keep adding in the next exercise until you do all four. Then the exercises will start dropping out after 4 sets, so the next set would be 10 reps front raises, 10 reps overhead shoulder raises, and 10 reps upright rows. Next set, the front raises will drop out.

These all burn SO good! Add one of these, or all of them, onto your next workout and let me know what you think!

X- Liss


No comments:

Post a Comment