Sunday, May 24, 2015

Higher Protein Key Lime Cheesecake Strawberry Shortcakes



Last week, I volunteered to make supper for the in-laws, so I fixed some easy fish tacos in the hopes that it would make everyone happy. Blackened Tilapia Fish Taco recipe is HERE

I served the fish tacos alongside some roasted zucchini and red pepper. For dessert, I mixed up some simple strawberry shortcakes with a little key lime cheesecake yogurt to boost the protein content for satiety.  

Trust me, nobody will know they are:
A) made with yogurt
b) remotely healthy

This dessert was a hit, so I thought I would share my recipe here.


Higher Protein Key Lime Cheesecake Strawberry Shortcakes

Serves 8

Ingredients
2 lbs fresh strawberries- rinsed, hulled, and sliced (I like to mix with a bit of granular stevia if not sweet enough)
8 ready-made dessert cups
8 oz lite whipped topping container
32 oz plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 sugar free Jello Cheesecake pudding mix
zest and juice of 3 limes
optional *whip cream*

Directions: In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, pudding mix, and lime zest/juice. Gently fold in whipped topping. 

To make shortcakes, plate 1 dessert cup. Top with 8th strawberries and key lime cheesecake mix. If desired, top with whip cream.




Nutritional stats per serving

232 cals
5 g fat
36 g carbs
13 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment