Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Post Weight Lifting Stretching Routine


Warm up


Most recent physio recommendations are to NOT stretch before lifting. Your muscles are cold and tight. The best warm up is about 5 minutes of cardio: walking on a treadmill, elliptical, or a bike. Most of the time I do not warm up. I just do not go out for a maximum lift first thing.

Cool down



After a lifting session, I like to stretch my whole body to cool down. I find that it helps relieve some of the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

This is my normal stretching routine in the video below. I hold most of them for 5 seconds or so. If a muscle group is extra tight, I go back again and repeat the stretch in that area.






If the video does not come up for you, here is the direct link on YouTube-

No comments:

Post a Comment