Monday, February 24, 2014

Tropical Delight Microwave Protein Pancake

I am pretty much leaning on these microwave protein pancake variations for breakfasts almost every single day now. I love them, delicious and filling! Ummm and if you can microwave, you can make this LOL Besides, I am getting a huge hit of my protein req's early in the day right after my early AM lifting. (Check those macros out at the bottom!)
Image courtesy of http://www.bodyfortress.com/vanilla-creme-whey-isolate-protein-powder

 I was on a roll with the Dark chocolate & berry microwave protein pancakes. Then I got some new vanilla whey isolate and frozen dole mixed fruit (contains strawberries, peaches, pineapple, and mango!) the other day and the wheels got turning for a new recipe! BTW- I am a BIG fan of this Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Isolate. At 130 cals and 30 grams of protein in each tasty serving, it's macros are hard to best. Did I mention, I got it for less than $16 at Walmart?! Yeah, I am a fan!



We started this book in a book study at church a few Wednesdays ago, and I cannot put it down. It is "Extravagant Grace" by Barbara R. Duguid. This passage out of Romans sums up the book pretty well, "18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me." Romans 7:18-20. Check it out.



After seeing a post on IG from @lovemaegan, I tried making some black bean brownies for the fam on Friday night family dinner night. They were a hit! Even my 9 yo niece and son ate them! So I will def be sharing that recipe with y'all soon. Just need to tweak it a midge first.



Oh yes, have you seen this gum yet? Tastes just like the real deal!



And I am loving these new Springblade shoes from Adidas. They are too cool. WANT.




 Tropical Delight Protein Pancakes

 Ingredients 
 *banana, half
 *1 scoop vanilla whey powder (I used Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Isolate)
 *1/4 cup egg whites *1 cup Frozen mixed tropical fruit (I used Dole)
 *3/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)

 What you do 
 Spray a microwave safe plate with nonstick spray. Mash a banana with a fork, along with 1 scoop of vanilla whey, and quarter cup of egg whites. Microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes, or until the center is set. Microwave the fruit in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes or until thawed. Top the pancake with the Greek yogurt and fruit mixture. Enjoy! (I like to top mine with a little cinnamon!)












 Nutritional stats:

  • Cals- 373 cals 
  • Carbs- 39g 
  • Fat- 0g 
  • Protein- 55g

No comments:

Post a Comment