Monday, February 17, 2014

Bacon Topped Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes


Hope your Valentine's Day was lovely. My sweet husband sent me beautiful flowers at work and made my day :)


And my momma sent these GIANT chocolate covered strawberries. We ate them all that night, well I ate about half LOL


I even wore my red pants to celebrate. Well... it was actually the day before. Friday is jean day and I was NOT about to give that up!



My mother in law actually inspired this dish. She used to make it for our after church luncheon in her Dutch oven. Slow cooked goodness that just hit your face when you walked through the door. My husband and kids are big fans, and it just so happens that it fits the nutritional needs for me too! Some steamed broccoli with house seasoning rounds it out perfectly! I adapted it to the crock pot because that is what worked for my schedule best during the work week.


Bacon Topped Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes

Serves 4-6



Ingredients
1-1.5 lbs pork tenderloin
1 lbs red potatoes, quartered
2 slices bacon
House Seasoning (equal parts salt, pepper, paprika, onion, & garlic powders)

What you do:
Coat the crockpot ceramic with non-stick spray. Place quartered potatoes in the bottom, lay the pork tenderloin on top. Lay the bacon over the tenderloin. Apply house seasoning liberally. Cook on low 8 hours.








Nutritional Stats

(per 3 oz serving of pork tenderloin and 1 medium potato)

  • Calories- 299 cals
  • Fat- 7g
  • Carbs- 29g
  • Protein- 28g

No comments:

Post a Comment