Sunday, January 5, 2014

Apple Pie Muesli

New workout clothes make me happy :) I have been enjoying wearing some of my new stuff from Christmas lately...

This top by Saucony even has a removable, blinking LED light on the sleeve so that I do no get squished on the road! You charge it with a USB port too. :cool:

I am in the thick of training right now for the Houston Chevron Half Marathon, it is coming up in two weeks! So.Tired.of.Running. Earlier in the week, Map My Run sent out my year of running- pretty cool!
Wish that there was something like that for lifting!

I also made my first wedding cake this week. It was very stressful but the couple loved it. That made it all worth it!



A little story about Bob's Red Mill Muesli.... My mom used to make it for me all the time growing up and I loved it. It is one of those things that brings me back to my childhood when I eat it. My mom was coming for Christmas, and I wanted to spurpise her by making a recipe with this muesli... And I thought this recipe up one night based on my Peach Cobbler Oatmeal.

So I made up some Apple Pie Muesli Crockpot for my mom when she came. She loved it! So did the husband- who is not into anything healthy generally speaking! So I thought it was a recipe worth sharing, and here it is.


Apple Pie Muesli

Serves 8

  • 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Muesli (regular old fashioned oats would work great too)
  • 4 Apples (I used Granny Smith since they hold up well during cooking)
  • 1/2 cup Splenda (or any other sweetener)
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • Serve with plain non-fat Greek yogurt (1/2 cup per serving)
Crockpot method- (My fave) Grab your crockpot, and roughly chop the apples and spread into the bottom. Pour over 2 cups of muesli and 2 cups of water. Sprinkle splenda and cinnamon on top. Cook on low for 4-8 hours.

Baked- Prepare in 8x8" dish as above. Cook at 350*F for 45 minutes.

Microwaved- Prepare in microwave safe 8x8" dish as above, cook for 10-15 minutes on high.







Nutritional Stats


Per 1/8 Apple Pie Muesli recipe and topped with 1/2 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt

  • Calories-218 cal
  • Carbs- 37g
  • Fat- 3g
  • Protein- 16g

No comments:

Post a Comment