Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Banana Spinach Protein Shake



This is my very favorite way to have my protein in a shake when I am in a hurry. It tastes wonderful and is high in protein and veggies!

I have tried many other varieties and this is the one I come back to. It tastes like banana-chocolate-peanut butter!

I promise the spinach is hidden- you get your veggies in secret. In fact- I like to drink my shake in a big foam cup so that I cannot see the spinach. I am weird. I know.

We just moved, by the way. And this was my go-to breakfast while packing and unpacking. These are the last pictures from my old house, cannot wait to show you my new kitchen! It has wonderful light and great bones. The countertops and walls need redone at some point, but otherwise I love it!
 


My Favorite Banana Spinach Protein Shake
1 serving (32 oz)

The stuff-
1/2 banana peeled and frozen- preferably
1 handful spinach- fresh or frozen
8 oz unsweetened soy milk (I like the unsweetened vanilla)
3 handfuls of ice
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter whey powder (vanilla is also good)
Optional- 1 tbsp pb2 and 1 tsp creatine monohydrate

What you do-
In a large blender- blend the banana, spinach, and soy milk on high until it comes together. Then add 1 handful of ice at a time- blending after each addition. Then add the whey, and optional items. Blending until thick and creamy without lumps.


Yup this is what goes in my lunch drink cups I save!
 
Makes approx 32 ounces.
Nutritional stats per serving
  • Cals- 202
  • Carbs- 18 g
  • Fat- 3 g
  • Protein- 26 g

1 comment: