Sunday, February 10, 2013

Healthy Crockpot Peach Cobbler Oatmeal




Oh my word, this stuff is SO GOOD! Like dessert for breakfast good. Humm, that is an idea! I think I might start having it for my nightly treat sometimes! And guys, it is so easy. Seriously easy, just dumping stuff in your crockpot!

Healthy Peach Cobbler Oatmeal

Serves 3
  • 1 bag frozen no sugar added sliced peaches (454g)
  • 1 cup steel-cut oats (160g) (I like to use half steel cut and half old fashioned oats also)
  • 3 cups water (or milk of choice, for a creamier and richer taste) (720g)
  • 1/4 cup zero calorie sweetener (I prefer Splenda or granular stevia)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 12 oz plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage 0%) (340g)
Spray crockpot dish with nonstick for easier clean up. Pour the frozen peaches in the bottom of the dish, sprinkle oats then sweetener, salt, cinnamon, and lemon juice evenly over the top of the peaches. Cook on low for 4-8 hours. (You can also bake at 350*F for 45 min). Top with 4 oz greek yogurt for each serving.

*Inspired and adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's Peach Breakfast Bake


Nutritional Stats per serving:

Calories: 298
Carbs: 53
Fat: 4
Protein:20
Fiber: 7



No comments:

Post a Comment